Colouring the Past is a new online programme using photography, art and humour to explore our past and create a modern day colouring book.
Examine the history and significance of political and cultural life in Northern Ireland, develop your photography skills and take part in an exclusive workshop with one of the country’s most iconic comedians!
HOW WILL THE PROGRAMME WORK?
- Join photographer and educator Chris Barr to develop your photography skills and learn how to capture iconic images around you
- Well-known comedian and actor Tim McGarry, best known for his role in Give My Head Peace, will host an exclusive session for the group, exploring our unique humour
- Journalist and broadcaster Malachi O'Doherty will host a Q&A taking an alternative look at our past
- Take part in discussions about the history of social and cultural life here
- Submit your images for inclusion in a new colouring book and receive your own printed copy!
Before the programme starts you will receive a pack in the post with everything you need to get started and all sessions will be delivered online via Zoom and Slack.
This programme is FREE and open to anyone based in Northern Ireland or border counties. This programme is only eligible for those who have not taken part in a previous Making the Future programme.
The programme will take place on the following dates:
Monday 30th Nov, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Thursday 3rd Dec, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 8th Dec, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 15th Dec, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 17th Dec, 10.30am - 12.30pm
For more details, or to discuss any disability access requirements, please contact Lesley Cherry: firstname.lastname@example.org