Are you 18+ and love History and Archives?
Join the Women in the Archives team in PRONI for a FREE, week-long programme and gain an insider’s view of the work done by the official archive of Northern Ireland.
Each day you will engage with a different aspect of PRONI’s work, including preservation, conservation, cataloguing, accessibility and public engagement.
Throughout the week you will:
· Take a guided tour of the building and go behind the scenes;
· Find out how PRONI looks after private, public and historic collections;
· Get hands-on experience with conservation and document preservation;
· Gain research and archive skills;
· Explore the past, present and future of archives;
· Produce creative responses.
No previous experience is required and programme is open to anyone aged 18+. All genders welcome. Availability to attend the five days is required.
Dates: 19-23 August 2019
Venue: Public Record Office Northern Ireland (2 Titanic Boulevard, Belfast, BT3 9HQ).
Refreshments will be served and participants should bring a packed lunch. Alternatively, there is a cafe facility at PRONI.
Places are limited, register now.
For more information, contact Laura Aguiar: email@example.com or tel: 028 90534829.