National Museums NI and the Nerve Centre are teaming up to offer a free digital fabrication programme at the Fab Lab in Derry~Londonderry this October.
This free, week-long programme will allow participants to gain an understanding of collections and materials from the vaults at National Museums NI linked to issues of culture and identity.
Throughout the week, you will have the chance to take these collections as inspiration and use the Fab Lab to creatively respond and produce your own output.
During the programme you will:
• Get hands-on with cutting edge digital tech
• Learn about 3D printers, laser and vinyl cutters
• Develop practical skills in using digital fabrication equipment
• Look at collections relating to cultural identity from National Museums NI
• Produce your own creative response
• Gain an OCN qualification in digital fabrication
The programme will run from 10am - 4pm each day and is open to anyone aged 16 and over.